Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Election Day

Howdy Fam,
Well he wasn´t exactly elected, but I found out who my new mission president is going to be.I don´t remember his name right now, but he´s from Southern Brazil and President Parrella spoke very well of him. Still the thought of not having president Parrella as my president makes me kind of sad. I can´t that he´ll only be here for another three and a half months.
Anyway, conference was great yesterday. The doctor thats in charge of the north Brazil area was there to speak to us. imagine my surprise when President Parrella called my name and said. "Elder Bangerter will translate for doctor Farnsworth". I was caught a little off guard at first, but it was fun. First he gave a health training, then gave a talk. He is a cool guy.
The best part of the conference was in the afternoon. Last month the mission didn´t make its goal. The mission didn´t do bad but could have done a lot better. President gave an excellent training and the spirit was very strong. As I said, I will miss him when he goes. He is the best president I could ever ask for.
This week we won´t have any baptisms, but next week I think we´ll have six or so, so that´ll be fun.
Life is good. I´m learning to love this work and the Savior more and more each day. Its great to hear things are going well at home.
Love,
Elder Bangerter
P.S. tell Ryan Matteson congrats and good luck on the mission. and give Steven Williams a hug for more when one of you sees him.

No comments:

Post a Comment