Wednesday, March 23, 2005

for gramps

Hey Grandpa,
First, I guess I´ll say the costumary happy birthday. Grandpa, it´s kind of hard to say in just a couple words the influence that you´ve had in my life. The truth is that you have always been a great example to me in many ways. Ever since I was little I have seen the strength of your work ethic, I don´t think I´ve ever been to your house without seeing you working on or fixing something. Also I´ve been humbled at times by your willingness to just help others without even thinking of your own comfort. An example of that was when our car broke down in the middle of the night on the way to Boise, and you came and took us all the way home that night then went back home the next day without a word of complaint, on the contrary I remember laughing a bit that night. One thing that I have really grown to appreciate as I´ve grown older is your wonderful sense of humor. Anyway, I could keep jabbering on but I guess I´ll just get to the point. I love you Grandpa, and once again, Happy eightieth birthday.
Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment