Wednesday, April 6, 2005

I love conference

Howdy Fam,
Well, as always, another week has come and gone and I´m not quite sure where it went. The area I´m in is great. We´ve found a lot of new people to teach and the members are very willing to help. The two baptisms that we were going to have this last week fell through but thats all right. We should have two this week and the next few weeks will be full. Next week we should baptize a 76 year old man. He´s a pretty funny guy. He was a soldado da borracha "rubber soldier" during WWII. They were soldiers assigned to collect rubber from the rubber trees in the Amazon that were used to make all the tires and everything during the war. Anyway, he´s a cool guy, he already had a BOM and already read the whole thing.
General conference was great. As always, they said so many things I needed to hear. I really enjoyed Elder Bednar´s talk, I really felt the spirit as he spoke, Elder Nelson´s talk about his wife was also quite touching. Anyway, I won´t bore you guys listing off all the things I liked, I´ll just say that "It was worth the five bucks for me and my whole family, eh".
So things are good here, and it sounds like they´re good there, so thats all folks.
Love,
Elder Bangerter
P.S. once again congrats to Ben and Whitney(I´m trying to build up Brownie points)

No comments:

Post a Comment